<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 08, 2005

OK, so what's a few weeks in blogworld when you've sold a house, undertaken payment of the last construction bills, watched the new owners move in, and gotten engaged! (Next blog: love-is-the-answer.blogspot.com -- 'cause I just can't stop it.)

The two-year anniversary of this blog's coming up, and that might be the time to pull the plug on it. After all, Mabel and Galusha have risen and marched into lives of their own. Still, Mabel's not quite done. I marvel each night at what the crew has done (last night it was the bamboo floor in the tango bindery!) and at what still isn't: the dang driveway.

Even so, I can feel my tasks tapering off, at least vis-a-vis construction. The final stress moment came when the buyers' money deposited in my account the same day the city denied us a final permit. That gave me a chance to be amazed about having sold a house that couldn't be lived in. The inspector showed up a few days later, understood the in-progress situation, and signed off on the final anyway. So phew.

The landscape looks beautiful, especially with the artful Columbia basalt wall encircling it (destined, I'm told, for portfolio fodder at www.petewilsonstoneworks.com). Today I talked to the stonemason and reminded him that a chisel was left behind. Apparently it's part of the trade that a chisel is buried in every project. He said that the landscaper kept helpfully fetching it out of the rocks -- and this may be it. Now how to get it back in the wall?

I will post pictures, promise, but suffice to say Mabel is gorgeous.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?