<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 29, 2005

A bunch of stuff I keep forgetting to mention:

Looks like Mabel's exterior will be combo of Pratt & Lambert "powdered nutmeg" and "brick dust." Sounds yummy, huh?! Let's hope it looks so.

Things I've learned lately include the fact that it's dang hard to get a ventilation hood in the wake of a hurricane disaster that takes out much of the South. I was wondering, Why vent hoods? Maybe it's all that fried food.

I also learned that the surprises, by their very nature, will keep on coming. Like when David and I were looking at the sweet bathrooms in Galusha, and I said, "Now what about the shower doors?" And he goes, "What shower doors?"

Meanwhile, the carport rises at Construction HQ. It's taller than I thought it would be, but it also looks good in the space, providing a kind of visual and literal turning point between old and new architecture.

One good surprise is that the concrete finisher's only charging about $650-$700 for staining the first floor of Galusha a shade of "Faded Terracotta." I checked in this morning on the still-wet application, and it looks neat-o.

I'm getting calmer about all the criticism, my last little venting occurring on account of having to deliver all my newsletters Tuesday night in the usual hurry, which gave me chance to wonder at all my complaining neighbors who do nothing else for the neighborhood. Then I get mad at myself for thinking such bitter things. Construction can't end soon enough for all of us.

Speaking of, I'm already strategizing on the sale process and the open houses. First one will be just neighbors, then Galusha goes to market in earnest. I wish I'd kept a sign-in sheet of all the people who've come through for a peek these last months, especially ones who actually seemed interested in a move.

Note new photos. Finally.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?