<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 09, 2005

Ack, it's hard sitting down to write when so many tasks, details, and errands swirl about in my mind and my schedule. For instance, I am focused on finally finishing up lighting, which I'll remember as the biggest chore associated with this whole project.

If I did it all over again, I would hire a lighting designer like all the smart people do. Then again, I've taken the crash course ...

But. I did get the major order in this week, and will fill out remaining bits and pieces with trips to fixture shop tomorrow and Bruck dealer next week.

Right now, tho, the builder says he needs towel bars and toilet-paper holders by the time I leave for Flathead!

This week a neighbor -- one I'd been friendly with since I took her mosaic class a couple of years ago -- sent in a long rant to the newspaper saying, "There oughtta be a law" against modern stuff in bungalow neighborhoods. The architect sent me a nice anti-rant back, making me feel better, but the criticism stings. Anyway, Mom pointed out Mabel and Galusha have ability to spark debate, and isn't that at least better than boring?

We are getting closer on color choices for Mabel, lately settling on a couple of shades of "amber" or "mango." (The Grok God doesn't let me say "orange.")

Landscape bids are next on agenda, so we must be coming into final lap. I've got to get on marketing, so that Craigslist (my new realtor) and I can get Galusha sold FSBO and ASAP.

Heck, I've already got 3 people seriously nibbling on Construction HQ. I love that I can offer homebuyers the choice of 2005 brand-spankin'-new construction or 1930 classic bungalow.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?