<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Never mind what I said about the colors, this weekend's Color Summit changed all that. The Grok God, the architect, and I stood in the grey Saturday morning light considering Galusha in all his glory -- and dozens of 1-x-1-inch color chips, finally arriving at the glorious combo of Steel and Blue Symphony (with a bit of Anubis and Wild Cherry thrown in for fun). Phew. GG and I went back to the paint store and collected yet another batch of the bigger swatches to make sure of the choices.

Two days later, we still like them, so all bodes well. Of course, we haven't even re-considered Mabel yet, but there's some time.

I plan to add more pictures shortly, but suffice to say Galusha steams along, with sheetrock and mud going up last week, and the painter due any day.

I finally got up to the second and third floors of Mabel, via ladder, last week, and she is beautiful. Everything I expected, but more. I love how you enter into the atriumlike space on the second floor. The kitchen window opens like an enormous eye into tree and sky. And Friday the foreman put in the stairs between the tower and the kitchen and the guest room and what the crew calls the "grow room." Of course, silly us -- we always thought of it as laundry.

I can't wait to get proper stairs in from the first to second floors, altho I'm grateful it keeps riffraff stopped on the ground. Sometimes I'll be fixing breakfast and see a couple joggers lope past my window, after a little look-see. Last night, while doing the yardwork, I stopped to give a couple tours, one to a group of about 8, some of whom even seemed like they could be house buyers. To these, I give my extra-special spiel, which gets smoother with each retelling. I should be real estate-agent suave by September, when Galusha is expected to go to market. Actually, I hope not.

It might be time for the Authorized Personnel Only Past This Point sign in the dining room window of Construction HQ.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?