<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mabel has all her stairs now, and it's amazing. I can't get enough of climbing up through the stairwell and entering that wide-open first floor. Everything is where it should be, and more stylish and comfortable than imagined. It's possible my house is too cool for me.

Just when I was starting to get worried about the landscape architect, he surfaced. Relief. We have already met twice to tweak the plans, fitting in enough hardscape to make both humans and cars comfortable. It ain't easy. Plus, I have to think of all the maintenance issues and property rights involved down the road. Right now it's easy owning everything (ha), but once I let go of these houses, they're on their own with new owners. I can't wait.

So I start musing, trying to keep a lid on expanding the project while daydreaming big. For instance: Wouldn't flowerbeds parallel to the driveway at Construction HQ look awesome? Maybe I could treat my neighbors, too ...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?