<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 12, 2005

I was up til 1 last night finishing the lighting plan for Galusha, and handed it over in a bleary stupor to my builder and the electrician this morning. To make it happen, I was doing the walk-through at midnight last night, with kerosene lantern in hand and hoping neighbors wouldn't call the cops.

It was probably helpful how pitch-black the night was -- all the better to see where the lights should go.

Of course, I haven't pinned down any fixtures, yet. I promised myself to get nice jump on Mabel, so I could put an order in for the whole shebang.

As I left for work this morning, the city-water guy was slicing up the street out front, in anticipation for the big messy trenching and tapping into the utilities.

Galusha's quite the handsome house. You walk through and there's no awkward moments, with every room leading naturally to another.

And BTW, I picked the landscape person, noticing that one of his references is a hard-core tanguera, so that was an easy one to check. At our second meeting and before we inked a contract, he already had some excellent sketches and exciting ideas to show. One tangential breakthrough: the garage at Construction Headquarters may end up being a fancy lean-to or carport, rather than an ordinary garage. After all, as the builder said, quoting Frank Lloyd Wright, "A car doesn't need a house."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?