<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 18, 2005

My head's still swimming from all the appliance shopping I had to do this weekend. You should see the *ka-ching* in the salesmen's eyes when I say I'm there to pick 2 ventilation hoods, 2 gas ranges, 2 dishwashers, 1 laundry machine, 1 minifridge, 2 regular fridges ...

And this was after the plumbing schedule almost did me in, for which I picked 9 sinks, shower doors in every configuration (it seemed), and so on.

I have no idea how I'm going to handle the lighting.

Still, the buildings bloom. Mabel had her last huge wall poured on Friday, and Galusha framing keeps the hammers humming. There's a whole roof on Galusha now, made watertight with a lovely blue tarp, and you can walk from room to room. We did that with the door guy Friday, making all the hard decisions on size, jamb, style.

The state sent me a bunch of info on Building Out Radon and I gave it to the builder. After communing with it over the weekend, he's decided to give it a go -- the passive method anyway -- and I'm all happy. Alameda Ridge has the highest radon count of any place in Portland and maybe the state, courtesy of the Great Missoula Flood about 15,000 years ago. If only it had delivered the rich vein of yogo sapphires.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?