<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The construction goes so fast that my camera and my shutter finger can barely keep up. Today I just wanted to stick around in the back yard and watch walls go up instead of coming to work, which after all helps subsidize all the fun.

I spent this morning ogling bamboo flooring and laminates at Contract Furnishings Mart, a place where I'll probably become a regular.

The builder and I went up to the second floor of Galusha this weekend -- my first time. There's still no staircase to it, but with wits and ladders it's possible to get up to that patch of air that could never have been visited before without the aid of a cherry picker. It's beautiful. The view from every window and balcony beats all my expectations. I knew we were on particularly high knob of Alameda Ridge, but I didn't know we'd be able to see clear across the river to Portland's west side. Yes!

The only thing tempering the elation is the mind-numbing work I have to do on the schedules. I spent a few hours making headway on the plumbing one last night, but I'm still stalled on shower surrounds. For something so ubiquitous, it seems odd there's so few choices. Any blog readers out there got an idea for something affordable that's not tile? If so, e-mail me!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?