<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 10, 2005

The weather continues to awe everyone. The construction guys -- and yes, they're all guys -- are now so used to everyday sunshine they just show up in their T-shirts and they've pretty much lost that surprised-Portlander-blinking-in-the-natural-light look.

Mabel's getting ready for her first pour, on Monday, so the concrete crew is over there pounding up the forms. It's easier getting the east wall up with the old pine tree pruned. Meanwhile, across the way, Galusha moves into adolescence with its second-floor wood subfloor.

You walk into Galusha now, and it feels like a house.

Guillaume came over earlier this week and got me all scared with the prediction that the economy's headed toward deeper times or another crash. It increases my worry over selling Galusha, but thank goodness I have a generous time line on the loan.

And an e-mail out of the blue today from someone living a half block away asking about the house gives me hope. Plus, I got the millionaires coming from San Francisco later this month!

So my tango friend Bugs stopped by the site recently while I was at work. When I saw him at the milonga, he said, "Wow, what a bunch of concrete! I mean, do you have any idea what that costs?!?!"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?