<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Rant aside for the day to the tweakers across the street: You're evicted already, so it's way past time for you to move. Or are you steeling yourselves for Little Waco? For the endgame -- and let's hope it is an end and not so much a game -- they're ignoring the landlord and whole new cast of creepy low-life characters are making a beeline to the place. It never occurred to me the situation would get worse (insert wry smile here over unexpected results of life).

There, I feel better.

I finally met the famous Norm, the guy my architect calls "Bitter Beer Face" man. He was all smiles to me, tho, maybe it was the tango outfit. He's going to be around for, like, forever, making those walls stretch to improbable heights. Already Galusha has a little fence of forms around it, only one story so far. The architect says everything will just start to look bigger and bigger from here on out.

Past the first floor, it's like you're carving out space in the sky to live in. That's why skyscrapers always struck me as the ultimate example of capitalistic audacity. You only needed a small square of land to rent to hundreds, thousands ...

Me, I'm just looking for one buyer. Well, two (I'm always forgetting about the future of Construction HQ). Yesterday I went to Kinko's to print the Galusha brochure, until the clerk told me it would be $500. So tomorrow I go print-shop shopping.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?