<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Now that I know so many people are checking the blog, I feel more inspired to post! Thank you all for the feedback, interest, and cunning comments.

Yesterday I was out mowing my lawn in the beautiful fall day, and I was thankful for so much: First, the fact that I only have one lawn to mow. Second, that I have a couple of awesome new neighbors. Third, that my neighborhood is lookin' leafy, colorful, and cute as ever. I could go on, but with all the frustrating bank machinations, it's good to take a moment to assess how far I've come already.

Even tho Mabel and Galusha are still just blueprint schemes at this point, I can walk out to the lots and see the houses rising. I imagine their architectural curves, their roof profiles in the sky, and even the way in & out of the oasis that they'll inhabit. I've pretty much given up on the idea of building a garage for Construction HQ, mostly because I'm out of the cash to dream it into existence, so I'm always wondering how to landscape the back yard effectively without eliminating the chance for a potential future garage and still making it a nice space to traverse (or pass by, more like).

This project is well-timed for materials fallout from the rebuild of Mom and Bruce's place at Flathead Lake. For instance, Galusha may get a Grohe faucet and possibly a handsome entry door with sidelights. I love salvaging, and the schedules get that much easier to complete.

Permits may arrive as soon as this week. And the loans? I wish I knew.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?