<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

Just when I thought I might fire the bankers 'cause they're so slow setting closing dates for the loans, I get a call from one of them saying Galusha's appraisal came back at only a few thousand dollars' above hard costs. So instead of me firing them, maybe they're trying to fire me? I mean, how can this be?

I keep wondering if the appraiser's way out to lunch and didn't factor in some elemental things, such as the radiant heat, the oodles of concrete, or the sweet courtyard-oasis site. Then I wonder if the appraiser is right, that the costs are too high for the market and this is a money-losing deal.

One thing's for sure: My mind reels with risk, and I'm back to thinking I shouldn't build Galusha after all.

Aw, last week I was all triumphant in getting the city to grant the "3617" address to Mabel instead of the dreaded "3619," but now I'm so depressed. It's one of those days I don't feel like being a developer at all. Does uberdeveloper Homer Williams ever feel like this?

Maybe I should just sell the lots and move to Buenos Aires after all.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?