<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 03, 2004

The first new building in the development is complete. It's the Shed of My Dreams: a 6-by-8 beauty in cedar, sitting cutely along the north side of Construction HQ's property line. On Saturday I took a trip to Beaumont Hardware to make the thing superfly: hooks for shovels, helmet, and raincoat. Bike itself hangs nicely elevated off the far wall. The lawnmower stands sentry to the side. If I get foreclosed on, I can move in there.

I even hung a piece of art inside, and I want to ask Ken to go to the animal-parts store in Butte for a smallish rack to put over the front doors. My old deer ones are too wide (and waiting for Mabel, besides), so I'm thinking jackalope.

City still seems to be taking its sweet time on permits. My architect got scolded for using a "certain tone of voice" with 'em. I'm saving most my anxiety for the bankers, who seem not too excited to earn their fees. Builder's gone AWOL, which doesn't bug me so much, so long as he surfaces around the time the permits and the loans do.

After all, I'm having the same motivation problems, trying to fit in time for picking out the 7 sinks, 9 faucets, 6 bathtubs, and whatever other fixtures pop up all over the plans. I haven't even started thinking about lights yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?