<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Well, it's not one of the better starts to the development week. I've been having trouble getting all my painting done, so every day I rush home from work and get started. And then I paint til the sun sets and the moon rises and the cats come out to prowl. Just last weekend, when I thought I could get it all done, I didn't -- despite putting about 20 hours into it.

So I'm a bit stressed out. Then yesterday I go home to find two nuisance notices stapled to the rail of Construction Headquarters. For having tall grass (excuse me, but some of that is Brussels sprout _forest_) and, get this, "rat harborage." I decide to go to work on the trim anyway, because I have to, and experience one of my most spectacular paint spills ever, all over the new marmoleum. What a beautiful day!

Now I'm waiting for the city inspector to call back and hoping I get as much time to address the grievance as, say, the operators of the meth house did across the street. They got a couple years; I just need some months.

I also need something good to happen soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?