<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The other night the tree fella came over to give me an estimate on pruning the dead wood out of the bigleaf maple, and we talked about the mulch moat that should go around the tree as protection during construction. It so happens he had some mulch already in the truck, and before I knew it there were 3 cubic yards of the stuff in my driveway and lots of wheelbarrow action til nightfall. (I'm still sore.)

About every evening is like that: If I don't have something to do already, someone shows up with a job. Like when my real estate agent came over and implied my house wasn't selling because of the carpet. There went a couple evenings pulling out carpet tacks in the dining room hardwood floor.

But I'm still having fun, even though I feel I've entered the most mind-numbing phase of the deal: talking to bankers. It's so hard wrapping my mind around all the numbers, terms, and whatever hidden surprises might surface on the paper once I get ready to sign. Plus, I've got a bunch of possible scenarios, thinking maybe I should build one house at a time (but which one?) or just building one at all (Mabel, of course!), or selling the Galusha lot, or just going for it with the 2-house construction blitz. One thing's for sure: I go to Coronado with an armload of data, a calculator, and come back with a plan.

Meanwhile, I've finally set the move party for July 10, which will put an end to my traipsing back and forth. Just eating breakfast and getting dressed in the morning calls for a couple of trips, now that the fridge is over there and one closet of clothes.

I can't wait to move in there. It's a darling place, and the paint colors the Grok God picked are perfect. With the place so small, each color forms a complementary background to the other, and you get this marvelous sense of traveling through a kaleidoscope as you pass through rooms.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?