<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

It occurred to me as I disassembled my work table in the studio last night that this is the first step in pushing Ma Nao Books underground -- to the basement next door, that is. I'm so paranoid about moisture in the basement, though, that I've put the paper collection in the attic, where it will get awfully hot, but I think (knock wood) that's the worst of it.

The drywallers are crawling all over Construction HQ, and it's incredible how much better the place looks as the walls form into smooth expanses.

The other night, I cleaned all the windows, and what a revelation. With every act of cleaning or renovation, the house feels that much more fresh and inviting. I'm beginning to think I know what dirt smells like.

Meanwhile, I prepare for the garage sale Friday and Saturday with Val, send out positive vibes toward potential purchasers of the yellow house, muse on paint colors for the new rooms, and wrack my brain trying to figure out where a towel bar will fit in the bath.

Looking forward, the builder, architect, and I meet Friday for our first big meeting. The floor plans for Mabel are starting to come together. I'm excited about the tower concept, the staircase that's a shaft of light, a big walk-in closet, and, most of all, the grooviness of the tango bindery.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?