<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Even though I haven’t been posting often, so much is happening. For instance, on Friday I had an incredibly productive meeting with the builder and the architects. Challenging as it is to build a couple cool houses on a tight budget, it still feels like fun.

Last weekend’s garage sale brought plenty of neighbors in to share the gossip on “the developer building the houses in back.” I was glad to have the chance to identify myself and sort hearsay from facts. So far, the neighbors have been overwhelmingly supportive; of course, most say they’re just glad the Pirate is gone and there’s no more homemade explosives bursting overhead.

Oh! And Jessica e-mailed me to talk about her Portland visit. She suggests doing an outdoor concert at Maggie’s Farm, in the half-acre or so behind Construction Headquarters. Tentative date: Friday, August 13. I’m thrilled not only because I get to see Jessica, but also that if this development is all about art and creativity, what better way to set it in motion? The show would, after all, be right around the time of the proposed groundbreaking.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?