<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Big news week at the minidevelopment:

I may have a buyer for Galusha! Right now, I'm talking to the lawyers, drawing up a list of potential CC&Rs to attach to the lot, and thinking about a sales price for the land, but so far, so great. I mean, wouldn't it be cool to get a little cash infusion now, a spiritual partner in the endeavor, and less anxiety while at the same time feeling free to focus on Mabel and make it as great as it can be? Why, yes.

This morning, the builder delivered his preliminary numbers and guess what? They're high. We spent the next 2 hours scheming on how to make stuff cheaper, including deleting one of the second-floor balconies. Right now the price is about a third more than I thought it could be, so we have a lot of chopping to do.

On a creepy note, I was puttering around in the second floor of Construction HQ where I'm pretty convinced the Pirate was doing a grow operation. Why else would he silver out the windows so? Anyway, I walk the length of the floor, see a perfectly scraped-out circle in the paint on the south window and stoop down to look -- straight into my bedroom window. Thanks, Dennis. (Now I feel so exploited, I can use his real name.)

The marmoleum went down nicely on half the first floor. I love the Asian Tiger in the bathroom!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?